The men and women of the Muskogee Police Department are committed to enhance the quality of life and lessen the fears of all citizens.
The mission of the Muskogee Police Department is the enhancement of the quality of life of residents and visitors through effective crime reduction, preservation of peace, and responsiveness to social changes in the community, accomplished through a police-community partnership focusing on proactive policing and crime prevention.
CLEET Certified Officer Bonus
CLEET certified officers applying for the position of police officer will be eligible for a $10,000.00 bonus above and beyond their regular salaries. The bonus will be paid in the following increments:
- $2,500.00 will be paid after the person is formally hired.
- $2,500.00 will be paid after successful completion of the department’s Field Training Program.
- $5,000.00 will be paid after the employee has completed one year of employment with the department.
Non-CLEET Certified Officer Bonus
Civilians that are applying for the position of police officer and are not already CLEET certified will be eligible for a $5,000.00 bonus above and beyond their regular salaries. The bonus will be paid in the following increments:
- $1,250.00 will be paid after the person is formally hired.
- $1,250.00 will be paid after the successful completion of the department’s Field Training Program.
- 1st Year: $24.67/Hour or $51,313.60/Year (Probationary Status)
- 2nd Year: $25.98/Hour or $54,035.87/Year (Approximately 2.5% step raise on each yearly anniversary date after that)
- Pay increase upon promotion (at least 5%) to a higher rank with additional step raises.
- Officers that work more than 80 hours in a two week pay period will be compensated with an overtime of 1.5x their hourly rate or the Officer may select to accrue Compensatory time at 1.5 hours for every 1 hour worked with a maximum accrual of 480 hours.
- $25.00 per month for Basic CLEET certification or one of the following amounts if an Officer gains a higher level of education.
- $75.00 per month upon successful completion of sixty (60) college semester credit hours in any field of study or a CLEET Intermediate Law Enforcement Certificate.
- $100.00 per month upon successful completion of an Associate's Degree in any field of study.
- $125.00 per month upon successful completion of one hundred twenty (120) college semester credit hours in any field of study or a CLEET Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate.
- $175.00 per month upon successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree in any field of study.
- $275.00 per month upon successful completion of a Master's Degree in any field of study.
- $50.00 per month for officers demonstrating comprehensive ability to converse in Spanish as generally spoken in Latin America.
|CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF SERVICE||ANNUAL AMOUNT||BI-WEEKLY AMOUNT|
|2 THRU 3||$860.00||$33.08|
|4 THRU 5||$916.66||$35.26|
|6 THRU 7||$973.36||$37.44|
|8 THRU 9||$1,030.04||$39.62|
|10 THRU 11||$1,086.57||$41.79|
|12 THRU 13||$1,244.16||$47.85|
|14 THRU 15||$1,428.01||$54.92|
|16 THRU 17||$1,828.00||$70.31|
|18 THRU 19||$2,428.00||$93.39|
|20 OR MORE||$3,228.00||$124.16|
CLOTHING AND CLEANING ALLOTMENT:
Initial uniforms and duty gear are purchased by the department for your probationary year. Beginning in the second year of service all sworn officers receive a $1,000.00 annual payment for upkeep and cleaning of uniforms and equipment.
TRAINING OFFICER PAY:
Officers and Sergeants that are selected to be a Field Training Officer of new recruits will get a $2.00 per hour increase in wages while training the recruit.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION PROGRAM:
The City of Muskogee maintains a voluntary Deferred Compensation retirement benefit program that is separate from the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System. The City of Muskogee uses an outside vendor with extensive experience in IRS 457 program administration and investment practices as the basic platform for this program. The City will contribute up to twenty five ($25) dollars per month maximum which provides an Officer with the one dollar for two dollar match on Officer monthly contributions up to fifty ($50) dollars per month.
|YEARS OF SERVICE||ANNUAL ACCRUAL||MAXIMUM ACCRUAL|
|0 TO 10 YEARS||184 HOURS (23 DAYS)*||272 HOURS|
|10 TO 15 YEARS||232 HOURS (29 DAYS)*||344 HOURS|
|15 YEARS AND UP||272 HOURS (34 DAYS)*||404 HOURS|
SICK LEAVE ACCRUAL:
Officers will accrue approximately eight (8) hours of sick leave per month or ninety six (96) hours annually with an accrual cap of 1040 hours.
Under certain circumstances the Officer may be granted up to three (3) paid consecutive regular work days of leave, one of which will be utilized to attend the funeral of the deceased family member.
MEDICAL AND LIFE INSURANCE PROGRAM:
The City of Muskogee will provide the Officer with medical insurance and the City will pay 100% of the cost. The Officer is responsible to pay for any family coverage. The City will provide life insurance coverage on the Officer in the amount of one times the annual pay rate at the highest step of the employee's rank.
TAKE HOME VEHICLE:
Officers may be provided and allowed the use of a marked or unmarked MPD vehicle as a take home car at the determination of the Chief and shall only be allowed to drive that vehicle home if the officer lives within a ten (10) mile radius from the intersection of 3rd Street and West Okmulgee, Muskogee, Oklahoma.